Monday, February 6, 2012

What Kind of Wine Goes With Japanese Food?????


Name: Mulderbosch
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Origin Coastal
Country: South Africa
Year: 2010
Price: $12.99
Shop Review: This sexy, sophisticated dry rosé combines mouthwatering flavors of wild strawberry and pomegranate with graceful notes of lavender and herbes de provence. It's a versatile and accessible pink for all seasons!
Personal Review: I found this wine to be really tart and bitter. While I did get some strawberry undertones, on the whole, I just didn't enjoy it very much. It's flavor lingered in my mouth and it really wasn't a pleasant one. 
Food Effects: Takeout isn't exactly something you see a lot of at my house. But last Friday, my parents and I got Japanese food and we ran into a dilemma? What wine should you serve with Japanese food, particularly if you ordered chicken, shrimp, and beef. We opted for this one and I have to say, I don't think it worked well. I didn't end up liking the wine at all, and I think the food may have been partially to blame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment