Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sour Apples...Not My Favorite

The wine I tried this time around was not my favorite. However, part of knowing what you like is also knowing what you don't like. This was one of those times.
Name: Aconga
Variety: Chenin Blanc-Chardonnay
Region: Aconcagura
Country: Aregnitna
Year: Not Vintaged
Price:$3-6
Shop Review:You can find this Aconga Chenin Blanc-Chardonnay wine at Ralphs for about three bucks, and for an Argentinean wine with a cool label, not a bad deal.
Be careful of this one though, unlike the mild Sangria, it holds a whopping 13% alcohol content, and you can definitely taste it. 
The aftertaste is refreshing and palate-cleansing, the initial taste however, may trigger a pucker from those who are averse to wine. It’s a little like the jolt you get from tasting a lemon; it shocks the taste buds a bit, but invigorates and stimulates the palate.
Personal Review: This wine reminded me of Granny Smith apples...which I hate, except when cooking. It's definitely sour and this wine packs a major punch. You expect it to give you a light buzz, but it can make you really tipsy in a hurry. Just a warning to future consumers,
Food Pairing: I had this once with Chinese food and once by itself. It was not my favorite either time. Too sour and not a lot of other flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment