Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Pink Obsession...In Wine

Small confession, (seems I make a lot of those, but then the title of this blog is "Confessions of a Recovering Wine Hater"): I love all things pink, and I will buy just about anything that comes in that color. So when I found a PINK Moscato at Kroger this week I had to try it. 

Name: Opera Prima
Variety: Pink Moscato
Region: Vino de la Tierra de Castilla
Country: Spain
Vintage: Not Vintages
Price: $6-7
Wine Critic Review:SWEET WINES are all the rage these days, and this charmingly unserious Spanish bubbly is made entirely from moscato, a grape that has suddenly become a consumer favorite. It's sweet but 
not sugary, simply fruity and fun, with alcohol at just 7 percent. (Distributed by Grape Expectations)
Personal review: Maybe it's the pink, but this one definitely reminded me of strawberries. It was light and had a nice airy feel.
Food pairing: I had a glass of this with a light dinner of cheese, crackers and fruit, but I continued drinking it throughout the night as I did my lesson plans and homework. It was good with food and by itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment