Sunday, February 26, 2012

Date Night with 3 Blind Moose...Meese?

Last night my fiancé Brad and I had a late Valentines Day celebration with dinner from La Villa, which is a local restaurant my hometown, Lynchburg. This was the wine we had with it.

Name: Three Blind Moose
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $8
Shop Review: A medium body bright wine with a vibrant, red-purple color with flavors of plum, dark berry, chocolate, clove and spice.
Personal Review: This is my favorite red wine I've had so far. It was so smooth it felt like butter in my mouth. The flavor was both chocolately with hints of plum in it. 
Food Pairing: I had this with a seafood alfredo, which was a less than traditional food pairing, but it was good, so who cares really? I think the rich sauce was well complemented by the red wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment