Sunday, March 25, 2012

When Pigs Fly

I know it's not the best reason to buy wine, but I bought this wine at Trader Joe's because it was cheap and because it had a pig on the label, which I thought was amusing. 
Name: Lagranja
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Carinena
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $6
Wine Critic Review: BOOM licorice! Really heavy anise flavors stand out completely. Tart cherry, the tree bark again, and a really nice third course of dirty cocoa. Not chocolate; cocoa. Decent structure, but not as good as other Tempranillos I’ve had (but please, this was $6) and even some California Tempranillos. The finish is quick and doesn’t really leave any money on the dresser.
Personal Review: I thought this had a really smokey flavor and quite a bit of earthiness to it.
Food pairing. I had this with a Greek Egg Salad, which had feta and olives in it. The pairing was somewhat bizarre, but it actually went over pretty well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment