Thursday, March 22, 2012

47 Pound Rooster and a Burger

The other night I realized that I had both bleu cheese and hamburger that needed to be used up. Score! I made bleu cheese burgers for me and my dad. I picked this wine because this is described on the Rex Goliath website as being the "ultimate burger wine."
Name: Rex Goliath
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Acampo, California
Country: United States
Year: Not Vintaged
Price: About $10
Winemaker's Notes: No one wants to believe me when I tell them that they can have this wine for under $10 (very gratifying to know you are doing a good job). This is a hearty Cabernet Sauvignon with structure and concentration. I love taking this wine to get-togethers with friends. It always seems to help inspire good conversation.
Personal Review: This is a red wine with a lot of big bold flavor. Very full bodied, reminds me of chocolate and blackberries. 
Food pairings: True to the website's word, this was the ultimate burger wine. Blue cheese burgers are exceptionally savory, and this was the perfect wine to go with that taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment