Monday, January 23, 2012

Confessions of a Recovering Wine Hater

I have a confession to make. I am not a wine fan. In fact, for the most part, I really don't like it. I think it is bitter and gross. That said, for the most part, I've been exposed to red wines and chardonnay. Maybe I just haven't tried enough wines. Maybe I just don't have bough of an open mind. Maybe I just haven't tried the right thing yet. But I'm coming into this class with an open mind and a palate willing to try new things.

Wine is an important aspect of my family's life. We have wine with dinner every night. My parents have a tradition of drinking prosecco anywhere they go and taking photos of the bottle, glasses and scenery. We have art all over our house that relates to wine, including a wine themed Christmas tree during the holidays.

I really want to like wine, and I'm hoping that this class helps me to find something I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment