Saturday, April 14, 2012

Herding Cats...Yeah, that's near impossible.

Before I realized that I wasn't science minded enough to compete with pre-vet students, I was double majoring in Animal Science. I also grew up on a farm with beef cattle and horses and with dogs whose natural instinct was to herd anything and everything. Guess what happened when they tried to to herd the barn cats. They would become a wild angry ball of fur in claws. In other words, herding cats is damn near impossible. This is the kind of wine I want to drink when I feel like I'm trying to conquer the impossible. Graduating, starting grad school, moving out of my parents house, and fully taking care of myself. I know none of this is actually impossible, but that's why this wine makes me feel better, because it mentions doing the impossible right there in the title. 

Name: Herding Cats
Variety: Chenin Blanc/ Chardonnay Blend
Region: Western Cape
Country: South Africa
Price: $12
Wine Critic Review: Pale yellow color with aromas and flavors of citrus, green apple and quince.  Crisp and clean with underlying minerality and acidity.
Personal Review: Tastes of apples and lemons, but it's mild enough to make it appealing to me. 
Food pairing: None

No comments:

Post a Comment